Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide: Take the Proper Steps to Detect

There are lots of potential gases that could exist in your home. Natural gas, radon, and gases and vapors released from household furnishings, carpeting, flooring and paints. But none of these gases are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.

Carbon monoxide could be a matter of life and death, so it’s not something to joke about. Part of the reason it is so dangerous is because the gas is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and initially non-irritating. A by-product of burnt fuel, carbon monoxide can manuveur its way into your home when the heat exchanger on a gas furnace cracks, allowing carbon monoxide to leak. Depending on the size of the leak and the circulation in a home, carbon monoxide can lead to death very quickly, or the toxic gas could cause symptoms that have been misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections, and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.

There is no reason to risk carbon monoxide poisoning. Here are some steps you can take:

  1. If you do not have a working carbon monoxide detector in your home, call Eveready Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning in Richmond to purchase one. Ask our experts about affordable WiFi carbon monoxide detectors like the Nest Protect.
  2. If you have a carbon monoxide detector, don’t forget to check the batteries on a regular basis. Testing should be done every three months, and the detector should be replaced every 3 to 5 years.
  3. If you hear the carbon monoxide detector alarm go off, or start to have flu-like symptoms, ask your doctor to test for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary and with the proper steps your family can be protected from the hazardous gas. Get the protection you need and call Eveready Service Experts in Richmond at 804-548-4480 to learn more.

Eveready Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
1607 Rhoadmiller Street, Suite A
Richmond, Virginia 23220

Phone: 804-548-4480
Email: eveready@serviceexperts.com
2705062994