Booking regular AC maintenance is useful.
Checkups keep your air conditioner unit in Richmond working at its best performance while keeping utility usage down. It also might even help prolong its life span.
While there are a couple things you can do by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Eveready Service Experts , for AC inspections and service.
Here are a couple steps you can take by yourself as you prep for warm weather.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Set
Spring is a time of revival, and to many that involves a big dose of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the warmer temps right around the corner, it’s also a fantastic idea to include AC tune-ups on that checklist.
Spring is the best season to get your cooling unit cleaned and inspected. Hesitating to flip it on until the first warm day of the year can be dicey. If you have to schedule a fix or replacement, you might be waiting days for a tech. And that might turn awfully uncomfortable.
And for people with allergies, being well prepared with a freshened air conditioning system will help assure the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Plus, AC service can be a requirement for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Do Maintenance Myself?
There are procedures that you can take to help keep your AC unit in the top state:
- Change your air filter. Filthy filters limit airflow and might lower your system’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the model you use, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is particularly important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a dog in your house.
- Lawn upkeep near the exterior condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes close to your cooling system. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also clear any leaves or twigs that have collected inside your equipment, since this may impede airflow.
Let the Professionals Manage the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you call Eveready Service Experts at 804-548-4480, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already finished. Then we’ll get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll examine your equipment and make sure it’s working correctly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver safe operation.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working like they should and potentially avoid problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-inducing mold and obstructions.
- Straightening coil fins to stop limited airflow.
- Cleansing the outside coil to eliminate any accumulation from dust and weeds.
- Checking controls to double check your unit is switching on, cooling and turning off correctly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to make sure your unit has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we find problems that require additional service, we are set to provide you the most reasonable option. Uncovering possible problems promptly can solve larger issues down the road. This also provides you time to strategize if your equipment is aging.
When you need a new cooling system, our Experts will partner with you to pick the best solution for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new system work for your budget. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Need to request your checkup? Give us a call at 804-548-4480 or schedule an appointment online right away.