It’s frigid out there. Most of the country is layering up for some icy temperatures. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect exterior water fixtures.
- Insulate all exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow trickle in indoor sinks and bathrooms by outer walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets under sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those indoor heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you have vents shut in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not functioning, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give those smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick inspection.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then pour yourself some hot cider. And, as always, Eveready Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.