No matter what the season outside, the temperature within your home designates how comfortable your family will be. Find the right temp and your home will be a comfortable escape from it all. But if your HVAC system isn’t working properly, you’ll know. And it won’t be pleasant.
Brace yourself to take a thorough look at how you’re using your home comfort system. It could be the difference between a solid system or a pathetic performer. Work through this short quiz from Service Experts to find out more.
- The warm season is coming up fast. How do you get your system ready?
- Swap out the HVAC filter and dust the vents. Then it’s good to go.
- Bring in the pros for seasonal maintenance.
- Nothing. It should be fine.
- You’re hosting a party on a summer night, but the AC isn’t working. What’s your first step?
- Tell my guests to bring cold beverages.
- Call for an emergency repair to get it operating before people show up.
- Switch on my fans and pray for a cool breeze.
- Your current HVAC is aging. What’s your plan when it’s time for a replacement?
- Let my contractor make the decision and pay for it with a credit card.
- Get rid of worries and costs by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Buy the fanciest system currently available.
- When you receive your next monthly energy bill, what do you think you’ll find?
- It will have a hefty price tag. My HVAC costs have been climbing.
- It will be similar to the bill for the same month last year.
- I can’t know for certain until I open it. Some of them aren’t bad, but others are shocking.
- Your HVAC system is making a strange noise. What do you do?
- Grab my toolbox and spend a weekend attempting to fix it.
- Schedule a professional technician to examine it.
- Forget about it and wait until it stops.
Get ready to add up your results. If you picked mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are right on. You’re taking care of your machine and you prepared a plan for the future. But if you answered any of these questions with As or Cs, you can make a few changes to help your HVAC perform more effectively. Read on to find out how.
Useful HVAC Habits to Help You Save
Schedule Annual Maintenance While switching out your air filter and cleaning your vents are crucial tasks to help out your HVAC for a new season, a professional tune-up is necessary to conclude the process. During a regular maintenance visit, your pro technician will perform a series of tasks that boost the energy efficiency of your HVAC. And while they’re in your home, your HVAC Expert will keep an eye out for more severe headaches for your HVAC. That could save you a high-priced breakdown later in the season.
Find a home comfort company that offers emergency repairs. Even rigorously maintained home comfort systems can have trouble periodically. And it always seems to crop up at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can save you the headache and trouble. The Service Experts Advantage Program gives that vital service to homes at no extra cost.
Have a plan for your HVAC system upgrade. Many home comfort systems can function for 10 to 15 years, but they can’t last forever. Make a plan now to evade last-minute pressure when your equipment takes its final bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be of assistance. It offers you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front costs. And as an added bonus, the program comes with free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy expenses and don’t ignore it when they dramatically change. Your electricity bills can tell you more than your monthly costs. If you’re noticing a stable climb in your charges but no variation in home comfort, something is probably going on with your HVAC. A new high-efficiency system can offer you peace of mind with more consistent energy usage—and that means fewer unknown amounts on your bill.
Take action when you hear a strange noise from your home comfort system. That noise is more than bothersome. It illustrates something is amiss with your machinery. Even if it’s a relatively small trouble, left unchecked it could make for an expensive repair in the future. Don’t try to work on it yourself. Leave it to the pros to figure out and repair it.
Your heating and cooling system can cost you quite a lot when you don’t treat it right. If you use these tips, you could save time, extra costs and irritation. And if your HVAC just isn’t helping anymore, contemplate selecting one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can find you a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To find out more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!