There are many gases that could be inside your Richmond residence. Natural gas and fumes that derive from home furniture, carpet and paints. None of these fumes are as threatening as carbon monoxide.
Get in touch with Eveready Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 804-548-4480 right away to begin defending your residence against this toxic gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Toxic?
Carbon monoxide could be a life and death situation, so it’s not something to mess around with.
1. You Can’t See It
Carbon monoxide is deadly because you aren’t able to view it, smell it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It’s nonirritating in small doses and can’t be filtrated.
2. It Can Be Deadly After Only Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of burnt fuel. It can get into your home during the winter if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace fails. Depending on how large the leak is and the circulation in a home, the gas could become fatal in only a few minutes.
Once taken in, the gas has a half-life of around five hours. If you are breathing pure air, you will need five hours to get it out of your body. You will need an extra five hours to decrease that concentration by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Act Like Other Illnesses
It can also mirror symptoms that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.
How to Defend Your Family from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no reason to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are several steps you can complete to keep your residence safe:
- Your house with at least one fuel-burning appliance, attached garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide system. It’s necessary to have an alarm on each level of your residence, on top of the basement and garage. You also should install one inside or outside of each bedroom. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide system in your house?
Call Eveready Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 804-548-4480 to get one. Ask our specialists about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide alarms.
- If you presently have a carbon monoxide alarm, consistently test or put in new batteries. You should check batteries every 90 days, and replace the alarm every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide alarm sounds, exit your house immediately and dial 911.
Protect Your Loved Ones with Support from Eveready Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the proper steps your residence can be safe from the hazardous gas. Take the necessary steps and call Eveready Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 804-548-4480 to learn more.