Building a new house? Upgrading your current unit? Regardless of why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you might shortly realize you have more choices than you initially thought. Use this info to help you measure four different solutions so you can select the best air conditioner in Richmond.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what the majority of people bring to mind when they envision air conditioning for the whole residence. Central air conditioning sends air to every room with a system of ducts and registers.
This could be great for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You already have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re looking for quiet, convenient air conditioning.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In hot weather, heat pumps operate similar to central air conditioners. A lot of models can also offer heat in cold weather.
This may be right for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- Your reside in a location with temperate weather during the winter.
- You want a single piece of equipment for all-season heating and cooling, in lieu of a traditional furnace and air conditioner.
- Your house doesn’t utilize (or you don’t need) natural or propane gas.
- You want nearly noiseless, energy-efficient operation.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground beneath your feet hovers at a stable 55 degrees all year round. A geothermal heat pump takes advantage of this ongoing supply of energy with underground loops for incredible heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be right for you if:
- Your residence utilizes ductwork.
- You want a lone piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have ample land around your residence for the subterranean loops.
This is an additional type of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit links to an inside blower unit installed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows shut.
This could be good for you if:
- Your house, or an immediate expansion to it, doesn’t have ductwork.
- You’re looking for an energy-efficient approach for heating and cooling separate spaces.
- You’re seeking to install zoning in your residence.
Don’t know which kind of air conditioner you should purchase? Rely on the Experts at Eveready Service Experts for all things air conditioning! We can discuss your options and help you pick the best one for your budget. Please contact us at 804-548-4480 to book an air conditioning replacement estimate today.