Building a new house? Upgrading your current equipment? Whatever the reason why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you could shortly realize you have more options than you first thought. Go through this info to help you weigh four different solutions so you can find the ideal air conditioner in Richmond.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what the majority of people bring to mind when they imagine air conditioning for the whole home. Central air conditioning sends air to every room with a system of ducts and registers.
This could be great for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You already have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re seeking quiet, convenient air conditioning.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In hot weather, heat pumps run similar to central air conditioners. Some models can also offer heat in cold weather.
This may be right for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- Your reside in an area with temperate weather during the winter.
- You want a single piece of equipment for all-season heating and cooling, as opposed to a traditional furnace and air conditioner.
- Your house doesn’t utilize (or you don’t desire) natural or propane gas.
- You want nearly noiseless, energy-efficient operation.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground beneath your feet hovers at an even 55 degrees all year round. A geothermal heat pump takes advantage of this ongoing well of energy with underground loops for incredible heating and cooling efficiency.
This might be right for you if:
- Your residence utilizes ductwork.
- You want a lone piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have ample land around your residence for the buried loops.
This is an additional type of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit links to an interior blower unit fixed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows protected.
This could be good for you if:
- Your house, or an immediate add-on to it, doesn’t have ductwork.
- You’re seeking an energy-efficient method for heating and cooling single spaces.
- You’re seeking to get zoning for your residence.
Not sure which kind of air conditioner you should get? Rely on the Experts at Eveready Service Experts for all things air conditioning! We can discuss your options and help you select the best one for your home. Please contact us at 804-548-4480 to book an air conditioning replacement estimate today.