Whether you add a sunroom, family room or other addition to your house, being cozy in your new room no matter the weather is important. However, they can make a unique problem for comfort. This is because adding ductwork is pricey. And that your heating and cooling system may not be deal with the heightened load, since it was sized without including the addition.
One of the most reasonably priced solutions is to get a mini-split. This system provides energy-efficient heating and cooling, all without ductwork. Find out more about mini-splits and how getting one for your addition can be a fantastic option.
All About Mini-Splits and How They Operate
A ductless mini-split, as they’re very similar to ducted heat pumps that southern homeowners have used for decades.
Heat pumps are extremely energy efficient as they move heat to make your space comfier. In actuality, many have achieved ENERGY STAR® certification, which may make you eligible for extra rebates and lower your heating and cooling expenses for many years.
Another special feature includes zoned heating and cooling. Since each room often has an individual indoor unit, you can set your preferred temperature from room to room. As an example, a mini-split AC is particularly beneficial if you have a space with special temperature needs, such as a home gym.
Why a Mini-Split is Worth It for Your Space
Having a mini-split system is worth it for rooms that are without ductwork. Here are several reasons why it’s wiser than installing ductwork and leaning on your existing heating and cooling system.
- Installing ductwork is expensive. Extending ductwork in your new addition can be costly. Although the precise cost will depend on your house, it run thousands of dollars.
- Your existing home comfort system might become overworked. When your present heating and cooling system was put in, it was based on the square footage of your residence prior to the addition. This may stress your system and make it wear down faster.
- Your comfort might suffer. Since your heating and cooling system is sized for exact square footage, your comfort could decrease if your system is forced to cover a wider space. Your heating and cooling may be less powerful, and your energy costs might skyrocket as a result of the system needing to run more frequently.
What Size Mini-Split You Should Install
Like more common systems, mini-splits are available in various sizes based on the square footage they’ll be heating and cooling. Here are three of the most regularly installed sizes:
- 400-650 square feet – 12,000 BTU mini-split
- 600-1,000 square feet – 18,000 BTU mini-split
- 800-1,300 square feet – 24,000 BTU mini-split
When you partner our Experts at Eveready Service Experts , we’ll help you choose the proper size for your new addition. And your wallet.
An ENERGY STAR mini-split unit can create sizable energy savings over its lifetime, which can be 20 years or greater when correctly serviced. ENERGY STAR says installing one can save you 60% on heating and 30% on cooling, when compared to an electric heating system and conventional air conditioner.
Trust Eveready Service Experts for Your Mini-Split Installation
From addressing all your questions and helping you choose the right model to supplying Expert mini-split installation, Eveready Service Experts can take care of all your mini-split needs. If you’re considering a home addition or recently finished one, we can provide assistance. Contact us at 804-548-4480 today to request a free consultation and estimate.