Summer is normally a busy time of year for many people in Richmond. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any host of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Richmond heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Richmond heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Eveready Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 804-548-4480 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is operating at its peak in the Richmond heat.
- Stay in air conditioned places as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a short break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a few moments to rest as it may also be an early indicator of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when planning outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Richmond temperatures are cooler.
- Dress to stay cooler in hot temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than typical. It can help you cool down a tad faster so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.