Air conditioners don’t work for a lifetime, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some factors to think over, as well as the benefits of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, plan to replace it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can typically wait.
- What model of air conditioner are you buying? A lot of homeowners are getting rid of their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by operating at varying speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to get the complete comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the proper amount of air to keep your home comfy. An updated air conditioner might need a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Eveready Service Experts , can determine that static pressure of your system and give the correct advice.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your bank account if you replace both units together.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any big immediate outcomes. A mismatched setup is often not permanent until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at peak efficiency, making your residence cozier and decreasing your long-term heating and cooling expenses.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may malfunction for good. In the meantime, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have covered an upgraded furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you might even be eligible for a discount as you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Eveready Service Experts . We understand the price of replacing your complete system may concern you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special discounts or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and simply one small monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are included!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 804-548-4480 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.