Air conditioners don’t work for a lifetime, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Richmond, you may be wondering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some aspects to think about, as well as the benefits of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, plan to replace it along with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can typically delay it.
- What model of air conditioner are you buying? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to get the total comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the proper amount of air to keep your home the right temperature. An updated air conditioner could need a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Eveready Service Experts , can figure out that static pressure of your system and give the correct advice.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your wallet if you replace both units together.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any large immediate outcomes. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system goes out. You can circumvent the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything works at the highest efficiency, making your family comfier and reducing your long-term heating and cooling bills.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could malfunction for good. In the meantime, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have gone toward an upgraded furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you might even be eligible for a special deal since you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Eveready Service Experts . We understand the price of replacing your complete system may worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs later on are included!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 804-548-4480 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.