When you use the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, safe water to flow out. But even if your water looks clear, it might still contain toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and safety. A lot of people dislike the taste of tainted tap water and understand the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have healthy drinking water at home.
If you want to ensure your family’s health, you might first opt for trying the bottled water plan. Sadly, this gets expensive almost immediately. Plus, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up damaging the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more practical and better for the environment than using so much bottled water. It can also supply healthier water more conveniently because you can get it straight from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, helping you to make the most of the benefits anywhere you use water at home.
Before installing a whole-house water filter, learn what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate harmful contaminants. Then, get in touch with Eveready Service Experts to help you pick out and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality varies by location, but some of the most likely contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG files show that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that regulated water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter traps dirt, debris and hazardous chemicals from your faucets, supplying you and your family with safe, clean water to drink. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is naturally occurring and can become concentrated in the water main after heavy rainfall. While largely harmless, sediment makes your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is crucial to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. Sadly, this disinfectant also adds dangerous chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. Certain DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the objective of adding putting in any water filtration equipment. Besides being cleaner for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more cloudy water swirling around your cup. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and stick to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it guarantees clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems increase your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that clean water doesn’t have to come with higher utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s setup, you could need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time..
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Eveready Service Experts , we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to reduce water hardness, filter out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, straightforward and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Eveready Service Experts office for help choosing a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.