Your heating and cooling system is vital to a sense of comfort and high air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work hard in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Lots of homeowners take these functions for granted until they're suddenly left without them. If your air conditioner has ever malfunctioned on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace has failed during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with emergency repairs, higher energy bills or home comfort problems. What if there was a way to maintain a constant source of clean, climate controlled air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like receiving an oil change for your car, routine tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system running at its best. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should think about applying for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This agreement is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Participation takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other benefits. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to request tune-ups with Eveready Service Experts , but we highly endorse enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so people often forget about scheduling furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll receive friendly reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so beneficial, take a look at these benefits:
- Uncover smaller problems early: Issues with your home comfort system often progress gradually. When a technician inspects the internal components each year, it’s possible to find and resolve smaller problems before they turn into big headaches.
- Lower the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By securing that loose fan belt and stabilizing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the likelihood of a sudden breakdown decreases.
- Saving on repair costs: Planned HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable amount that eliminates the need for most major repairs.
- Enhance energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that annual maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Encourage home comfort: When your heating and cooling system functions the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for consistent temperatures and more comfortable humidity throughout the house.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer than a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement costs.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during every visit offers peace of mind that your home comfort system is performing as intended.
- Adhere to your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance so much that they demand yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in maintenance now safeguards you from pricey repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you schedule an emergency repair. You can often expect same-day service—even on nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your home comfort system? An HVAC contract gives you access to the most rapid installs possible, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Marked Down Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance lowers the need for repair calls, but if your system needs some attention, having an HVAC maintenance contract grants a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are sometimes unavoidable, but they can get costly fast. Luckily, with an HVAC maintenance plan, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour appointments.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you dissatisfied, the technician will return to correct things.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Eveready Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan provides and contact our staff to help you choose the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before signing up. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to request a tune-up, please contact your local Eveready Service Experts office today.