Preventing it from happening is the most important step. Doing correct safety precautions will reduce your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Richmond.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Warm up your car out of your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the restricted space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heating sources. These items are safe when operated properly but can produce carbon monoxide when run for an extended period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, as it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a professional. This verifies chimneys and vents are clear and connected properly.
- Verify gas appliances are operating correctly, particularly your heater. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe operation by scheduling yearly furnace maintenance with Eveready Service Experts .