Preventing it from happening is the most important step. Doing appropriate safety precautions will reduce your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Richmond.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Warm up your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the restricted space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heating sources. These items are safe when operated properly but can produce carbon monoxide when run for an extended period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, because it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a professional. This verifies chimneys and vents are clear and connected properly.
- Verify gas appliances are operating accurately, especially your heater. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe heating by scheduling yearly furnace maintenance with Eveready Service Experts .