What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by insufficient fuel combustion frequently caused by insufficient oxygen. In your home, appliances that use natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are at risk. Especially if they are not running accurately or have been installed incorrectly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as fireplaces that aren’t working right may also produce carbon monoxide. CO is dangerous to the body and is deadly at high levels or with long exposure.