Expert Oil Furnace Repair in Richmond
Furnace balking at starting? Reset button continually tripping? If your fuel oil furnace is leaving you annoyed and cold in Richmond, the Experts at Eveready Service Experts can help.
Sometimes, you can take care of problems with your oil-burning furnace on your own. There are a couple of things you can try before contacting us for heating repair.
Common Oil Heating System Problems
- Furnace won’t start. The thermostat setting may be wrong. Ensure that it’s set to “auto” and “heat.”
- Reset button keeps tripping. This safety feature shuts down your furnace when it spots a problem. Make sure there’s fuel in the oil tank, the valves are open and the chimney is unobstructed. Once you’ve checked those areas, only press the reset button once. Pressing it too many times could cause fuel oil to accumulate and start a fire once the furnace begins heating.
- Inadequate heat. The oil or air filters could be congested and need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Excess noise. If you hear clattering, tighten access panels. Squealing means there’s a problem with the belt or blower motor. If these components have oiling ports, put a little bit of electric motor oil on them after shutting down your furnace.
Other times, you’ll need one of our professional service technicians. Call Eveready Service Experts for oil furnace repair service when:
- Using the reset button doesn’t start the furnace, even when there’s fuel in the tank and valves are open
- You hear knocking sounds, which likely means there’s air in the fuel lines
- Oil lines are leaking
- Soot can be observed in the burner chamber
- Burner turns on but does not fire
- Previously mentioned troubleshooting tips don’t fix the problem
100% Satisfaction Guarantee* Backs Our Repairs
Eveready Service Experts can take care of the problem when your oil furnace won’t start.
Our technicians have passed in-depth testing to earn the top HVAC standard, ACE certification. They are ready to deal with most any heating repair. And all our work is backed by a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.*
Periodic maintenance can help prevent furnace breakdowns. Once we get your furnace running, Eveready Service Experts technicians can recommend a membership plan that could reduce expensive repairs and make your furnace run more efficiently. A more efficient furnace could help you save money on utility expenses.