If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak could include the following:
- The smell of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances connected to the gas line, such as gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or faded grass, plants or other vegetation
- Residents of the home experiencing symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you have any of these signs and are worried they may be due to a gas leak, get out of your home and call 911 immediately, followed by your utility company.
In some cases, the utility company will fix a gas leak, but in many instances the homeowner is responsible. Luck for you, the professionals at Eveready Service Experts are fully trained to install or repair gas lines and we are dedicated to getting the job done right, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is backed with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER TRY AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a lot of things to do around the house that homeowners want to take on by themselves, gas line repair needs to be left up to the experts. It is the only way to be sure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Richmond codes.
From installing gas lines for a new stove or oven to doing repairs on gas lines for a heater in your garage, Eveready Service Experts’s experiences in the industry have allowed us to handle a number of gas line projects in the Richmond community, so no job is too big or too small for our specialists.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As noted before, the first thing you need to do if you are concerned about a gas leak is exit your home and then call 911 immediately. After emergency responders are coming your way, get ahold of your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have confirmed there is no danger, call Eveready Service Experts to arrange a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, should be taken very seriously. Be sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 immediately if you’re ever concerned about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide doesn’t have a scent and can’t be easily detected. The EPA recommends these steps to lower exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances properly adjusted.
- Invest in and take advantage of an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have an expert inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and fix any leaks promptly.
For more tips on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, check out our blog.