According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are due to sewer backups. The typical cost with sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Eveready Service Experts can help by ensuring you have a backflow assembly in place to prevent sewer backups. Plenty of homeowners in Richmond don’t realize they are responsible for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Eveready Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the experience, training and expertise to take care of everything and anything associated to sewer service and sewer inspection.
Typical Causes of Sewer Backup
- Back-ups in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is causing your sewer to fail or backup, don’t hesitate to call us at 804-548-4480
the moment you suspect a problem to evade as much, potentially pricey, destruction to your home and plumbing structure as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be certain you are disposing of garbage the right way.
- Pouring grease down your drain will cause a blockage in the line and lead to a clog.
- Disposing of any paper materials except toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) into the toilet can cause a backup.
- Have Eveready Service Experts install and maintain a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Eveready Service Experts to look for illegal plumbing connections and fix them if found. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will eventually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from damaging your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Eveready Service Experts today at 804-548-4480
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs 24/7/365.