Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Richmond
You probably don’t think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you hope it’s draining like it should so your Richmond basement doesn’t take on water.
Sump pumps can stop working for a couple of numerous reasons.
We’ve seen it all. If your pump isn’t working properly, call the Experts at Eveready Service Experts to determine the problem.
We’ll take a look at your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t stop when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease operating for a few different reasons:
- Power interruption
- Lack of maintenance
- Too small of a unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch problems
- Frosted over or clogged discharge lines
- Age (average expectancy is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few simple things you can do to make sure your sump pump is set up for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in decent shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in the event of power surges.
- Ensure the pump is vertical and not tilting to one side, since this can trigger the pump to not run when needed.
- If the pump hasn’t recently run, dump a bucket of water into the pit to check the pump runs and removes the water rapidly.
- During arid conditions, take out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Confirm the discharge pipe’s vent hole is clear.
Trust Eveready Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a kind of insurance to protect your home from water damage, trust the specialists at Eveready Service Experts to ensure yours is taking care of business.
We’ve got the skill—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are upheld by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 804-548-4480 or schedule an appointment online.