Your sump pump is one of those things you may not think about until you need it—then you trust it’s operating as it should. The good news is that the experts at Eveready Service Experts are here to help whether you want new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Richmond home.
Sump pumps can fail for several of different reasons and we’ve likely seen it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting up, give Eveready Service Experts a call to schedule a visit and examine your issue.
During our visit, we can give you with various preventive maintenance tips to help ensure your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or specifically, quite the opposite) when you need it most. Our experts will check your sump pump for appropriate operation and if we see any sign of a possible mishap, we’ll alert you immediately and discuss your options.
It is crucial to take note there are a few simple things that you can do to be confident you have your sump pump set up for success:
- Make sure the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is standing straight and not falling to one side since it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it’s been some time since your sump pump has operated, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is clear.
Because your sump pump is basically a type of insurance to protect your house and your belongings from what can be devastating water damage, look to the experts at Eveready Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 804-548-4480
or request an appointment online.